Smudged lips, faded lippy and bleeding lines, my worst lip stick nightmare! You’re either in team one “I would never wear lip stick” or team two “I own about 500 shades”. Team one, thanks for the 10 second read, you may be dismissed. Team two, let me teach you a thing or two.
Here’s what you’ll need to prevent the above:
– Clear lip liner. Not sure of it’s actual name but this prevents bleeding.
– Lip liner that matches your lip stick. This creates a base and prolongs wear without fading. This helps give a clean line as well
– Foundation. This is your undercoat which prevents your lips from staining
– Your fave lippy
– Cover lips completely with foundation, give foundation a few minutes to dry
– Apply clear lip liner on the outside of your lips, going right round, creating a thin line. Make sure your liner is sharp.
– Apply lip liner following the line of your lips, if your lips are slightly smaller you can create an illusion of bigger lips by lining the outside of your lip line. Once you’ve created a line, start colouring your lips in. I normally colour in with downward stroke motions, starting from the centre, moving out to the sides. Make sure your liner is sharp for a clean line.
– Apply lipstick. Start at the center of the upper lip, moving outward toward one corner. Repeat on the opposite side then the same with your bottom lip. Don’t forget to blot your lips with tissue.
Good go to brands below.
Lip stick I personally love MAC, not the price so much but the fact that their colours are a bit more vibrant and thicker. I do have a few Maybelline and L’Oreal faves as well.