I thought it was only right I add on to the Love your knits post. From what I’ve seen knits are getting waaaay cooler this season round.
I think the real question on everyone’s mind is how to style/dress these knits of ours and what occasions are these okay for? A few pointers below and possible go to outfits (don’t we all love pictures whilst reading).
– Knits are always a good go to for the smart/casual look
– Wear your Knits with staple pieces you may already have – Staple pieces are garments that are basic garments, generally neutral in tone that could go under or over anything. Think leather jacket, cream trench coat, white tee’s and black pants/jeans etc.
– Accessorise to dress them up, bold earrings or a chunky necklace (chokers are in at the moment, I don’t really plan on going down that road myself but go ahead, if you’re that kind)
– A pair of boots with your knits go a long way
– Knits and a pair of jeans is always a good match, esp. in the weekend. I love my ripped jeans with one of my knits and my over-loved chucks
– Mix a little print with your knit like below, a black knit is always safe to play around with. You could even play around with multiple prints if you stay in theme. Like below, tan chunky heels, leaf printed pants, a black knit and a leopard clutch definitely brings that outdoor/nature feel if you catch my drift
– Want to wear your knit to work? Match with a classic black tapered pant, some flash flats or boots, a low bun and some bold earrings and you’re on your way
– I also love pairing my knits with my skirts. Just make sure they’re thin enoughif you’re wanting to tuck under your skirt or an easier option is a cropped knit
– You also have the option of layering with your knit as well, chuck a collared shirt underneath and layer over with a trench….Super cool or SWAG for today’s lingo
– Last but not least, have a play around with what you have. It’s always a good idea to prep your outfit the night before, talk about organised, that’s me 50% of the time if my house is clean
A few Knitwear options for ya below if you haven’t stocked up already.
Feel free to email/comment for any other tips and tricks, helping others is always a good thing!